Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Praying about my Journey

At the end of my pregnancy I starting feeling the calling to be a midwife. I didn't say anything to anyone. I just went to the Lord in prayer. I asked him if  this is my calling then how can I do this with the time spent helping with my grandma? Then after a couple of months praying about it my grandma gets a new doctor which he helped her get better. My aunt decides to take early retirement so she can be there to help my grandma & take some of the weigh off of me. I feel the Lord was answering my prayer & opening the doors for me to be able to move on with it. I spent a few more months praying about it and the feeling was just getting stronger. The end of September I talked to Mark about it and he said go for it honey. He thinks I would be good at it.

The first of October I made the decision to move forward with it. I started going to birth meetings & researching. I have been reading so much the last couple of months getting ready to start my online courses. I will start my courses with Aviva Institute after the first of the new year. I will be taking these courses below.

1. Breastfeeding Educator Certification
2. Childbirth Educator Certification
3. Birth  Doula Certification

After that I will start my midwife courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment